Mercedes-Maybach now has revealed the details of the new Maybach S-Class
In spring 2021 Mercedes-Maybach starts the delivery of the new generation S-Class Maybach (Z223).
The Maybach S-Class will be available with a V8 and V12 engine.
The Maybach S 580 4matic with all-wheel-drive is equipped with a 4.0 liter V8 BiTurbo with 503 hp. The engine is supported by an 48 volt mildhybrid electric engine with 21 hp which is mounted on the crankshaft in front of the automatic transmission (9G-Tronic).
For the first time the V12 Maybach S 680 4matic is combined with all-wheel-drive system 4matic. The 6.0 liters V12 BiTurbo produces 612 hp.
Later in 2021 there might be a S 580e 4matic Plug-in-Hybrid version which combines the modern inline 6-cylinder M256 engine (3.0 liters, 367 hp) with an 150 hp electric motor. The system output is about 510 hp.
The S-Class Maybach (Z223) is 5.47m long. It offers more space in the fond. The Maybach is about 18 cm longer than the S-Class with extended wheelbase (V223).
The other innovations are well know from the S-Class sedan (W/V223)
The 10 really innovative new features of the S-Class:
- The new second generation MBUX infotainment system with voice control in 27 languages. The instrument cluster is a 3D-display. This is possible because of the eye-tracking of the driver. In addition to that there is a 12.8 inch MBUX center with OLED technology.
- The MBUX interior assist recognizes the intentions of the occupants. For example, if the driver looks over his shoulder toward the rear window, the MBUX interior assist automatically opens the sunblind.
- The ambient light is now active. With 250 leds the active ambient lighting is able to reinforce their warning visually. There is also an optical feedback from the “Hey Mercedes” voice assistant via active ambient light possible.
- Mercedes-Benz stands for luxury, comfort and safety. Therefore the new S-Class is equipped with the latest Driving assistance package.
- For the first time a passenger car as optionally a rear airbag. You can order it for the S-Class with long wheelbase.
- The new S-Class W/V223 has an optional rear-axle steering up to 10 degrees. So the steering angle is reduced by 2m. The S-Class with short wheelbase and rear-wheel-drive turns in 10.5m which is 0.5 shorter than the current A-Class. This is really impressive!
- More than 50 eclectronic components like Multibeam LED, Digital Light, MBUX and many other systems can be updated over-the-air (OTA). The customer does not drive to a dealer.
- In combination of E-ACTIVE-BODY-Control and PreSafe Impulse Side the S-Class will be raised up to 8cm within a few tenths of a second if a side impact will happen. This reduces possible injuries to the occupants because the impact forces will go into the lower area of the S-Class.
- In the second half of 2021 the new S-Class will be the first car in the world which will be able to drive autonomous (SAE Level 3 standard) up to 60 kph on motorway sections in Germany. The driver is possible to browse in the internet and checking emails.
- The new headlights are called Digital Light. The best light was the Multibeam LED (now standard) with 168 LEDs. The new Digital Light has 2.6 million pixels. This is a big improvement even for the safety at night. But this also allows completely new functions, for example the projection of marking aids or warning symbols onto the road ahead.
Pictures are showing the Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W223).